I absolutely cannot believe that 365 days have passed since my birthday (or Name Day as they call it in Westeros). Since I’m terribly sentimental, I’ve compiled a list of 21 accomplishments and memories from the past year. 21 was fun, but it’s been a challenging year in some ways, so I’m ready for a whole new year.
In no particular order, here are 21 highlights from the my stint as a 21-year-old.
1. First off, I turned 21. (No, I did not go crazy. I am a hermit after all. However, I did enjoy several classy, and cocktail-accompanied birthday dinners.)
2. Officially became a California girl once again.
3. Lived absolutely, completely, all by myself for two weeks. and I LOVED IT.
4. Had a classy grown-up brunch with my old high school friends, whom I don’t see nearly as often as I’d like.
5. Went to Disneyland 5 times. Preteen me would be so jealous.
6. Had high tea on the Queen Mary then walked through the Royal Family exhibit. Did not see any ghosts unfortunately.
7. Worked for the university newspaper and made a bunch of new and very talented friends (sub highlight: Cards Against Humanity at the End of Term/Christmas Party)
8. Watched every single episode of the Doctor Who reboot.
9. Played way too many games of Clue with my roommate, and laughed way too hard in the process.
10. Rode a beach cruiser on Balboa Island.
11. Saw Hillsong in concert and shared a special and unique experience with the sweetest new friends.
12. Experienced my first ever snow day…which turned into three subsequent snow days.
13. Bought my first pair of rain boots, and wore them throughout snow, and ice storms. (Natalie Portman and I are boot twins now.)
14. Learned how to design on Photoshop, edit videos on multiple softwares, and mix audio tracks.
15. Fulfilled my pipe dream of writing a sitcom, and laughed my way through writing, filming, and editing with very talented friends and classmates.
16. Worked my bum off doing two internships at once, learning valuable life lessons from people older and wiser than I am
17. Put socks on my dog.
18. Won a bronze award in my advertising class by myself. I worked by myself instead of with a team, and still managed to get an honorable mentions for a Crocs ad. Crocs!
19. Had all you can eat Korean barbecue with my dad and ate my weight in meat. Also left smelling like dog’s dream.
20. Confirmed, via Pottermore, that I am officially a Gryffindor.
21. Met the man of my dreams.
Here’s looking at you 22.